SLC Model Question Set 1 (Social Studies)
Full Marks: 100
Pass Marks: 32
Very short answer questions. (8 × 1 = 8)
1. Although the Suklaphanta Wildlife Reserve and the Khaptad National Park located in the far-western development region are the most fascinating spots for tourists, the flow of tourists in these places is very low. What measures should be taken to increase the number of tourists? Give any one suggestion.
2. Suppose one of your friends is addicted in drug abuse. What is your duty to make him get rid of it? Give any two measures to prevent him from drug abuse.
3. A substantial number of ballot paper become invalid in our country. What should be done to check it? Write one suggestion.
4. Why is altitude taken as one of the influencing factors in determining climate? Write in a sentence.
5. North America has made a great achievement in economic and technical sector. Nepal has also got benefits from it. But instead of being dependent on developed countries, we should be self-reliant. What should we do for this? Give one suggestion.
6. Which index (symbols) are used to denote the following facts in the map? a) Lake b) Peak
7. What was the main reason to declare the referendum of 2036?
8. Late King Mahendra abducted democracy on Poush 1, 2017 B.S. How would you have responded if you were asked to support his step? Why? Write in a sentence.
Short answer questions. (14 × 4 = 56)
9. Mention any four economic activities representing all geographical areas of Eastern Development Region.
10. A student of Jumla describes her development region as below:
“After a very long walk of many days from the road, one can reach the remote villages of the northern part. The local people have felt some relief after they have got transportation facility up to Jumla.” Write a letter to the student mentioning any three benefits the people of Jumla have got now.
11. What is skilled human resource? What kind of skill human resource does the following picture reveal? Differentiate between short term human resource and long term human resource in two points.
12. After studying the lesson “Women and Development”, Bhimratna and Shashikala made a research on woman development in their community. Their research got the following findings:
Women attending campus and university – 43 people
Women attending adult education – 21 people
Women attending various trainings – 30 people
Women reading newspaper – 54
Show the given data in bar diagram.
13. Education Day is on the 8th of September. Suppose you have been given the responsibility to manage and conduct the programme. What would be your programme and how would you manage and conduct it?
14. Folk song highlights culture, social norms and values of a specific place. It also represents way of life of people. Write a model of folk song that is sung in festival, religious functions and local fairs in your community. Write one of the roles to preserve folk songs.
15. Mention any two social problems of your community. What could be your role to solve any one of the problems? Write in brief.
16. Explain the establishment of Nepal Red Cross Society and its contributions.
17. What kind of steps would you take to stop border encroachment and ensure its security if you were made the co-ordinator of the Border Security Monitoring Group?
18. Mention any four differences between the equatorial climate and the Mediterranean climate.
19. Show the following historical events in timeline:
a) 2046 B.S.: First Mass Movement
b) 2049 B.S.: Encroachment upon the parliamentary system
c) 2063 B.S.: Second Mass Movement
d) 2065 B.S.: Implementation of Republic System
20. Answer the following questions on the basis of picture given below:
a) What type of rivers are suitable for rafting?
b) How do such activities help for livelihood?
21. Name the organs of the United Nations Organization and describe any one of them.
22. Prepare any four model questions which can be asked to the Secretary General of UN regarding the current affairs.
Long answer questions. (4 × 9 = 36)
23. What are our major national concerns? Explain any three of them in detail. (3 × 3 = 9)
24. Insert the following items by drawing an outline map of Nepal: Api Himal, Bandipur, Swargadwari, Banepa-Bardibas Road (BP Road), Coffee Producing Area, Kankai River
Insert the following items in the given map of Africa: Niger River, Cape Town, Madagascar Island, Equator, Red Sea, Victoria Lake, Mt. Atlas, Mediterranean Sea, Kalahari Desert. (3 + 6 = 9)
25. Draft a dialogue including four causes and four effects of World War I.
You might have made a visit over a religious or historical or any of the geographical site. What were the objectives and findings of your visit. Write in brief. (1 + 4 + 4 = 9)
26. Mention five points each of the positive and negative effects of tourism industry in our society and describe any two of them. (2.5 + 2.5 + 2 + 2 = 9)
CLICK HERE for Main Page..::..CLICK HERE for Next Set