SLC Model Question Set 9 (Social Studies)
Very short answer questions. 8×1=8
1. Name any two mountain peaks of central development region.
2. Write any two causes why teenagers fall in drug addiction.
3. Are you satisfied with the establishment of several institutions and their activities in protecting human rights? Why or why not?
4. Why does winter rain occur in Mediterranean region?
5. How are the following facts shown in the map?
a) Airways b) National Parks
6. How can the lives of people of Tundra region be uplifted?
7. What is the Piskar assassination? Write in a sentence.
8. Which political party do you accept for the immediate cause of people’s movement 2062/63 B.S. Write your opinion in one sentence?
Short answer questions. 14×4=56
9. Write any four demerits of federalism.
10. Prepare a dialogue including benefits and achievement of distribution program of solar light.
11. What aspects should be considered to increase women participation in development activities? Write any four points.
12. Show the following data in the pie chart.
|Population on the basis of mother tongue-2068|
13. Nowadays young boys and girls are indifferent towards folk songs. What should be done to attract them to the folk songs? Write any four ways.
14. “Road accidents are increasing day by day nowadays.” What should be done by the concerned authorities to minimize the accidents? Write any four measures.
15. Who are the refugees? Write any three problems caused by the refugees in the context of Nepal?
16. “Dowry system affects in the social and economic development of the society.” Justify with your opinions in four points.
17.What do you think are the causes of impossibilities of consensus among the political parties in the important political issues to promulgate the new constitution? Write any four causes.
18. “Mediterranean type of climate is suitable for human settlement.” Why? Justify with four points.
19. Complete the following table and show in the timelines.
|2018 B.S.||Rebellion in Jhapa|
|2030 B.S.||People’s movement I|
20. What is economic planning? Which aspects should be considered to make economic plan successful?
21. What is the veto power? Mention the formation and function of Security Council?
22. “Being a small and peace-loving country, Nepal has been playing important roles in promoting international peace and understanding.” Clarify it.
Long Answer Questions. 9×4=36
23. Write nay three functions carried out by each of the bodies of the state:
Legislature, Executive and Judiciary and Explain them.
24. Draw an outline map of Nepal and locate the following facts in it.
Coffee production area, Mt. Api, Dharan, Shivapuri National Park, Bheri River and Lumbini
In the map of Africa, insert the following facts:
River Orange, Lake Chad, Mt. Kilimanjaro, Sahara Desert, Red Sea, Equator, Cape Town, Congo Basin, Gold Mine.
25. Describe the causes of The Second World War.
You must have visited any historical or cultural or religious place. Prepare an excursion report on the basis of following sub-titles.
i) Name and introduction
v) Conclusion and recommendations
26. Thousands of Nepalese Youths go abroad in search of jobs annually. They are compelled to face many problems there. Mention any four problems and five roles of Nepalese government to solve such problems.