SLC Model Question Set 7 (Science)
1. a) Write any two differences between g and G. The mass of earth is 6×1024 kg and mass of moon is 7.1×1022 kg and gravitational force between them is 16.82×1019 N, find out the distance between them. 2+2=4
b) Fossil fuel is called non renewable source of energy, why? It is better to use energy like solar power in context of Nepal. Justify your answer with two reasons. 1.5+2=3.5
2. a) State Archimedes Principal. Write three factors on which upthrust depends. Hydrometer sinks deeper in water than in mercury. Why? 1+1.5+1.5=4
b) Define one pascal pressure. A block of wood floats in a liquid with of its volume submerged. If the density of wood is 800 kg/m3, calculate the density of the liquid. 1+2.5=3.5
3. a) What effect is seen on volume of water when it is heated from 0ºC to 15ºC. If a heater with power 1000 W gives 4.2×103 KJ of heat energy. What will be the temperature of 10 kg water at 20ºC? (specific heat capacity of water is 4200 J/KgºC) 1+2.5=3.5
b) When does a convex lens form an enlarged and erect image? Draw its labeled ray diagram. What in long sightedness? Write one difference between the nature of images formed by objective lens and eye lens of a compound microscope. 1+2.5=3.5
4. a) Define electric circuit. How are loads connected in house hold wiring? Write one advantage of it. Fluorescent lamp of 60 W gives more brightness than a filament lamp of 60 W. Why? 1+0.5+1+1=3.5
b) What is fuse wire made of? What do you mean by electromagnetic induction? If a transformer has 770 turns in primary coil and 220 turns in secondary coil and produces 110 V secondary voltage then calculate the primary voltage produced. 1+1.5+2=4.5
5. a) State Mendeleev’s Periodic law. Why is calcium more reactive than magnesium although they belong to same group? Write balanced chemical equation of reaction between iron particles and copper sulphate solution. Which type of chemical reaction is it? 1+1.5+1.5=4
b) Draw a well labeled diagram for lab preparation of ammonia. Write the structural formula of dimethyl ether. Write one use of ethyl alcohol. 2+1+0.5=3.5
6. a) Gold is found in free state in nature but iron in not. Why? Which metal can be obtained from chalcopyrite? What is acid? Write any two uses of acid in daily life. 1+0.5+1+1=3.5
b) Why is detergent called soap less soap? Write any two differences between thermoplastic and thermosetting plastic. Why is gypsum added in cement? 1+2+1=4
7. a) T.B. cannot be cured in a person suffering from AIDS. Why? Draw a labeled diagram of human heart. All arteries carry pure blood but pulmonary artery carries impure blood. Why? 1+2+1.5=4.5
b) State one function of each of parts
a, b, c, & d of human brain.
What is chemotropism? 2+1=3
b) Write one advantage of asexual reproduction. Which kind of fertilization occurs is frog and in birds? What is the gametophyte of fern plant called? How does it help in life cycle of fern plant? Write the importance of gills in mushroom? 1+1+1.5+1=4.5
9. a) What is pyramid of biomass? How do plants like soya bean and bean make soil fertile? Write a difference between pea plant and maize plant on the basis of structure of stem. In which class does dolphin lie? 1+1.5+1+0.5=4
b) Draw a filial chart upto F2 generation to show phenotype and genotype produced by cross pollination between a pure red flowered pea plant and a pure white flowered pea plant. Where is DNA located? Write one function of DNA. 2+0.5+1=3.5
Astronomy and Geology[7.5]
10. a) Write two effects seen on earth due to ozone layer depletion. What is the estimated age of the earth?
What is cenozoic era? 2+0.5+1=3.5
b) A comet is not a star. Write two reasons to support your answer. What do you mean by astronomical unit?
Name the following:
i. Galaxy nearest to Milky Way galaxy.
ii. Heavenly object removed recently from category of asteroid. 2+1+1=4