BIM/Fifth Semester/ITC 221: Computer Science
Candidates are required to answer the questions in their own words as far as practicable.
1. Brief Answer Questions: 10×1=10
a) What do you mean by aspect ratio?
b) If a image has a height of 2 inches and aspect ratio of 1.5. What is its width?
c) What DDA is faster than BLA? List the advantage of BLA over DDA.
d) What is the rotation matrix for rotation of object by angle 60-degree in counterclockwise direction?
e) What do you mean by orthographic projection?
f) What is the use of polygon table and meshes in computer graphics?
g) What do you mean by diffuse reflection?
h) Differentiate between intensity interpolation and constant interpolation technique.
i) What are the disadvantage of z-buffer algorithms?
j) What is virtual reality?
Short Answer Questions: 5×3=15
2. Write the Bresenham’s line drawing algorithms.
3. Derive the transformation matrix for fixed point scaling.
4. Derive the window to view port transformation matrix.
5. Explain z-buffer method for visible surface detection.
6. Explain Graud shading model for polygon rendering and list its disadvantages.
Long Answer Questions: 3×5=15
7. a) Resterize the circle with center (10, 10) and radius = 10.
b) Rotate the triangle with vertices A(0, 0, 0), B(1, 1, 1) and C(5, 2, 3) by angle 90 – degree in clockwise direction about Z = 2 line.
8. a) Suppose a clipping windows located at A(20, 20), B(60, 20), C(60, 40) and D(20, 40). Find the new co-ordinates of the line with end points P(40, 80) and Q(120, 30).
b) Calculate net transformation metrics for reflection through y + x = 0 lines.
9. Write the short notes on (any two)
- Application of computer graphics
- Delta CRT
- Computer Animation