Environment Science (Optional First)
Answer any 18 questions from this group. 18×4=72
Answer any 7 questions from this sub-group.
1. What is greenhouse effect? Mention names and sources of nay three greenhouse gases. 1+3
2. Mention two effects of greenhouse gases and also their two controlling measures. 2+2
3. Mention two measures practiced worldwide in controlling greenhouse effect. 2+2
4. What is Ozone layer? Mention any three causes of depletion of ozone layer. 1+3
5. Write nay four importance of ozone layer. 4
6. What is mean by energy? Mention any three effects on the environment due to the lack of energy conservation. 1+3
7. What is solar energy? Mention any three points of the importance of solar energy. 1+3
8. Write short notes on: 2+2
a) Light energy
b) Impact of depletion of ozone layer on human health
Attempt any 2 questions from this sub-group.
9. What is meant by intoxicating waste? Mention names of any three of them including their sources. 1+3
10. Mention four ways of managing intoxicating wastes. 4
11. Describe in brief the effects of intoxicating wastes. 4
Attempt any 3 questions from this sub-group.
12. Mention any four major importance of domestic animals. 4
13. “Natural disaster is one of the major reasons for the extinction of animals.” Justify this statement. 4
14. Mention any four ways of protecting animals at local level. 4
15. Write short notes on: 2+2
a) Conservation of forest
b) One-horned rhinoceros
Answer any two questions from this sub-group.
16. Define a wetland? Mention three major importance of wetland. 1+3
17. Mention four ways of conservation of wetlands. 4
18. Write short notes on: 2+2
b) Necessity of conserving wetland
Answer any 2 questions from this sub-group.
19. Clarify the role of agriculture system as a source of national income. 4
20. “Terai region is considered as the storage of grains.” Explain this statement with four reasons. 4
21. Write short notes on: 2+2
a) Impact of overuse of land
b) Use of organic fertilizer
Health and Sanitation Aspect
Attempt any two questions from this sub-group.
22. What is the importance of environmental health? Explain it with four points. 4
23. Write with example how solid wastes can be reused. 4
24. Write short notes on: 2+2
a) Healthy habit
b) Treatment of waste
Write long answers of any four questions from this group. 4×7=28
25. Mention any four effects of the depletion of ozone layer. Describe in brief any three measures for conserving of the ozone layer. 2+5
26. Mention four reasons why some animals are becoming extinct in Nepal. Write two ways of conservation of such animals undertaken at the government level.
27. Mention three changes seen in agriculture system of Nepal. “Using fertilizer is more appropriate than using chemical fertilizer.” Clarify the statement. 3+4
28. Mention any three effects of air pollution. Describe in brief two controlling measures of air pollution. 3+4
29. Mention two names of intoxicating wastes produced from a hospital. Mention also three measures for managing such wastes. 3+4
30. Mention three reasons for the depletion of wetlands. Describe in brief two ways how a community could be mobilized in conserving wetlands. 3+4