Innovation, what is innovation? Is innovation really difficult? How does it take place? Do all have innovation power?Innovation in simple meaning, is a process of introducing new device or process resulting from the study and experimentation. Innovation is really difficult. It is really challenging for all not only you think it’s a challenge. It is being struggle for all whether you are housewife, parents, teachers, managers, consultants, facilitators, founders etc. Those people who accept the challenge of innovation and struggle for it will really love the condition and situation around him/her. Such people also love difficult things. Many people may also put the goal of making innovation less complex so others will be able to innovate their product and service portfolios and organizations themselves.
|Gijs van Wulfen, as one of the first Linkedin Influencers, he have written more than 80 posts about innovation the last sixteen months. Last week he reread them all to identify his most essential insights. Some are provoking. Others are simplifying. Here’s a list of quotes from his LinkedIn innovation articles. Please use them to lead your organizations in innovation:|
- In the long run a company cannot survive on doing the same things better and cheaper.
- Most managers are like dogs. They bark at what they don’t know.
- Managers say yes to innovation only if doing nothing is a bigger risk.
- Continuous innovation is bullshit. You only innovate when you have to.
- Organizations frustrate innovative employees.
- Starting innovation is like a child starting to walk. Learn to love the struggle!
- If there’s no urgency innovation is considered as playtime.
- Most people only innovate when they have to. Pick the right moment.
- Innovators need the patience of a hunter to wait for a shot that you’re sure you can make.
- Never start innovation with an idea. You will fall in love with it. But love is blind.
- A big idea is a new simple solution for a relevant problem or dream.
- The best innovators are need seekers.
- The problem of brainstorms is the inability of people to let go of the old ideas.
- If you don’t get new insights you won’t get new ideas.
- For most companies evolutionary ideas are quite revolutionary.
- You can invent on your own, but in an organization you can never innovate alone!
- Think outside the box and present your idea inside the box otherwise nothing will happen.
- Innovators should bring back new business not new ideas.
- Nobody buys innovation from a clown so bring back a new business case.
- The voice of the customer is your best support for a new concept.
- Innovators should stop writing plans. Innovation is learning by doing.
- Innovation does not stop at the first “No”. That’s the moment it really starts.
- Less creative ideas are better because they have a higher chance of becoming reality.
- An organization is just like a herd. Focus on the slowest animals. When they start running too your organization really gets innovative.
- Research turns money in knowledge, innovation turns knowledge into money.
- To make a breakthrough you need to break something!
- More often than not, innovation is not about defining a solution, but about re-defining the problem.
- It’s not about ideas, it’s about making ideas happen. – this is not originally mine, I saw it somewhere on the Net.
- Innovation is change that adds value. Anything else is a waste of time, effort, and money.
- Innovation is when the brave drop the good ways and try out a few bad ones with the hope of making them yield more impact.
- Giving up is not an option for innovators.
- Innovation is in the eyes of the potential adopter. It can have dispersed meaning among different individuals.
- Innovation starts at the “That’s too complicated for me” moment.
- Innovation conquers fear.
- Innovation is DOING new things, not just thinking about it.
- Innovation is just a word. Make it happen is a challenge.
- Serendipity isn’t magic or luck. It happens when there is a cultural intersection between opportunity, insight and openness.
- Innovators are people who see the world from another perspective. Have you ever tried to turn upside down for a few minutes? You will notice details that you never noticed
- Innovation must take risks and risk the possibility of failure.
- Innovation is the result of experimenting with unknown angels or the known devils.
- Innovation is converting ideas & inventions into measurable business value.
- Wake up the kid inside me.
- Innovation can be the easier way for evolution if you accept it.
- It requires thinking outside the box, taking risks in teams and making real sense.
- Innovation is a healthy component in the success equation.
So here are 44 essential insights about innovation. We hope some of them are helpful to you. If you curious, and have question and further insights, you are heartily welcome to write in comment box.