SLC Model Question Set 1 (HPE)
Full Marks: 75
Pass Marks: 24
Very Short Answers Questions.
Attempt all the questions from this group. 10×1=10
1. Define population density. Write the formula to calculate it.
2. Write down any two primary sources of population data.
3. List out any two indicators of Human Development Index.
4. Which aspect of ecosystem is represented by topography, altitude, climate, etc?
5. Which region of Nepal is more influenced by modernization? Why? Give reason.
6. What is called the action of conserving the plants and animals in their own original natural habitat?
7. At what altitude of Nepal is Spikenard found? Which part of this plant is used for medicinal purpose?
8. When and why was the Brundtland Commission formed?
9. Write the causative agents of the disease ‘Syphilis’ and ‘Gonorrhea’.
10. What type of hospital is it called if it is equipped with fifty to hundred fifty beds? Which is the most appropriate form of health service in the context of Nepal?
Short Answer Questions: (Any 13 only): 13×5=65
11. Define census. Differentiate between De-Facto Method and De-Jure Method of conducting census.
12. In a certain town of Nepal, the population of Baishakh 1st was 40,000, which increased to 60,000 by the end of the year. In the same year, 2,700 babies were born and 1,200 people died. On the basis of the above data calculate Mid-year population, CBR and CDR.
13. Describe in brief any five biological factors that affect birth.
14. What is quality of life? Write any four elements of quality of life and explain any one of them.
15. Compare the socio-economic aspects of Mountain region and Terai region of Nepal in terms of any five meaningful points.
16. Explain in brief any five effects on the Eco-system of hilly region produced by human activities with their corrective measures.
17. Write any six importance bio-diversity and explain any one.
18. Write short notes on:
a) Yarshagumba b) Ex-situ conservation
19. What is meant by sustainable development? Discuss any four principles of sustainable development in short.
20. What are infrastructures of development? Mention the types of infrastructure. Also write any four things to be considered while developing human resources.
21. What is meant by food and water borne disease? Name nay four such diseases and also write any six common measures to prevent them.
22. “Drug is a social evil”. Justify this statement with example.
23. Many people in Nepal have set a culture of drinking alcohol. Write any two reasons for attraction of people towards drinking alcohol. Also write any four immediate effects and four long-term effects of excessive and prolonged alcoholism.
24. “Lack of health education is a major health problem being encountered in Nepal.” Clarify the statement.
25. When was Family Planning Association of Nepal established? Describe in shor the services and programmes rendered by FPAN.
CLICK HERE for Main Page..:::..CLICK HERE for Next Set