SLC Model Question Set 6 Social Studies
Attempt all the questions.
Write very short answers to the following questions: 8×1=8
1. Write any two advantages that Nepal gets after adopting federalism.
2. Make a slogan against alcohol.
3. How would you change the mind of a person who doesn’t want to cast a vote in an election? Write in a sentence.
4. Latitude is taken as one of the influencing factors for determining climate. Give a suitable reason to support your answer.
5. Nepal is the second richest country in water resources after Brazil. What lesson can it get from Brazil to make the maximum use of it? Write in a sentence.
6. Which index (symbols) are used to denote the following facts in the map?
7. What is Sukhani Massacre in the history of Nepal?
8. What is Molotov plan?
Write short answers to the following questions: 14×4=56
- Write the name of the given development region.
- What are the two major cash crops grown in this development region?
- Mention any two protected areas.
- Write its two major prospects.
10. A student describes her development region as follows:
“Every year dozens of people die because of hunger and epidemic disease. There is lack of transportation and communication. This region has the least population density.”
Which development region does she belong to? Write any three solutions to the problems faced by this development region.
11. There is poor development of human resources in Nepal. Write any four ways to promote and develop the human resources.
12. Present the given gender related data in a suitable bar diagram.
|Average life Expectancy||58.03||59.8|
|Literacy (Above 15 years)||65.08||42.49|
14. If you get an opportunity to meet the famous Nepali folk singer, what sort of queries will you put to him/her? Enumerate any four of them.
15. What is Chhaupadi? Write its negative impacts on women’s life.
17. Prepare a report on “Current situation of the human rights in Nepal.”
18. “There is diverse land topography in North America.” Why?
19. What is Delhi Agreement? Write down the clauses of the Delhi Agreement.
20. In 2011, Nepal had celebrated ‘Nepal Tourism Year 2011’. Was it a successful mission? Write a letter to your friend mentioning your views.
21. What is UNMIN? Was it a successful mission to Nepal? Write in brief.
22. In what ways is the UN helping the poor nations of the world? Explain in short.
Write long answers to the following questions:
23. What are our major national concerns? Explain any three of them.
24. Draw a full page map of Nepal and insert the following facts in it.
Mount Saipal, River Sunkoshi, Devghat, the Siddhartha Highway, the Rara National Park, Jiri
Insert the following facts in the given map of South America
Tropic of Capricorn, Atacama Desert, Falkland, Campos, Lake Titicaca, Bolivian Plateau, Cape horn, Patagonian desert, Pacific ocean.
25. After the end of Second World War, Albert Einstein quoted ‘We won the war but not the peace’. Wars are never fruitful. They always carry the seed of destruction. Draft a dialogue between two friends mentioning four causes and four effects of World War II.
You must have been to an educational tour or a historical or religious place. Prepare report of your visit under the following subtitles.
- Place and title
26. “Nepal is a fertile land for tourism development.” Write the prospects and challenges of tourism development in Nepal in brief.