SLC Model Question Set 4 Social Studies
Attempt all the questions
Write very short answers to the following questions: 8×1=8
1. Bardia National Park and the Rara National Park located in the Mid-Western Development Region are the most fascinating spot for tourists. But, the flow of tourists in the Rara National Park is comparatively low. Give one reason.
2. Name the organization that has been providing free legal service to Nepalese women.
3. What is national referendum? When was it held in Nepal?
4. Write one of the major causes of an earthquake.
5. Write any two major problems that Nepal shares with Africa.
6. Which index (symbols) are used to show the following facts in the map?
a) Religious place b) Highway
8. What is cold war? Give an example of it.
Write short answers to the following questions: 14×4=56
9. The Mid-Western Development Region is very rich in cultural and biodiversity but it is the least developed development region. Write any four reasons behind it.
10. Mention any four economic activities representing all geographical areas of the Central Development region.
11. Write a paragraph on the importance of skilled manpower for the development of a country.
12. The literacy rate of women of the Far Western Development Region is given below. Show it in a pie chart.
13. What is national heritage? Write any four heritages of Nepal listed in the world heritage sites and explain any one of them.
14. What is a national day? Name any four national days and explain any one of them.
15. CIAA has been unable to curb the corruption in our country.
i) Give any two reasons.
ii) Suggest any two measures to be adopted to make it more effective.
16. Write short note on the following:
- Nepal Red cross Society
17. What is a political party? Write down the conditions to form a political party in Nepal.
18. How are the vegetations moulded by the climate? Explain it by giving different examples.
19. Show the following historical events from 2007-2017 in a suitable timeline.
|Falgun 7, 2007 B.S.||– Advent of Democracy|
|Chaitra 10, 2008 B.S.||– Flee of Dr. KI Singh to China|
|Jestha 8, 2013 B.S.||– Establishment of the Supreme Court|
|Poush 1, 2017 B.S.||– End of multiparty parliamentary system|
20. What do you mean by adventure tourism? Give any three examples of it and explain any one of them.
21. List out any four specialized agencies of the UNO and explain the first specialized agency of the UNO.
22. Write a thank-you letter to the general secretary of the UNO highlighting the role played by the UNO in maintaining permanent peace in Nepal.
Write long answers to the following questions: 4×9=36
23. What are the organs of government? Explain the power and functions of any tow of them according to the interim constitution of Nepal 2063 B.S.
24. Draw a full page map of Nepal and insert the following facts in it.
Gaurishankar Himal, Bhadrapur, The Araniko Highway, Marsyangdi River, Lake Ghodaghodi, Muktinath
Insert the following facts in the given map of North America.
Los Angeles, the wheat production area, the Appalachian Mountain, Isthmus of Panama, New Found land, the Rocky Mountain Range, The Arctic circle, Lake superior, North West Territories.
25. Write any five major causes and four consequences of the First World War.
You must have made a visit over the religious or historical site. With help of the following points, write a research report.
- Place and title of the study
- Objectives of the study
- Method of the Study
- Conclusion and Recommendation
26. What is tourism industry? Explain different types of tourism in Nepal.