Answer any 18 questions from this group. 18×4=72
Answer any 7 questions from this sub-group.
1. Write the specific characteristics of green house. How is global climate being changed by human activities? 2+2
2. Describe any two natural green house gases. 2+2
3. Write any two important points and two bad impacts of green house effect. 2+2
4. What is ozone layer? Explain about the atmospheric layer in which ozonosphere lies. 1+3
5. Clarify in what way the ozone is depleted due to action of CFC products. 4
6. Give reasons: 2+2
- Ozone is vital to all forms of life
- Temperature increases with altitude in stratosphere
7. What do you mean by renewable energy resource? Write brief notes about any three renewable energy sources. 1+3
8. Coal is a non-renewable energy source. Why? What are the classes of coal and write their features. 1+3
Attempt any 2 questions from this sub-group.
9. What is meant by radioactive pollution? Explain their causes and effects on human health and environment. 1+3
10. Differentiate between explosive waste and hazardous waste with two examples of each. 4
11. Explain any two safety measures to save life from the hazardous effects of waste. 2+2
Attempt any 3 questions from this sub-group.
12. Explain the physiography of Terai and Himalayan regions and list any four endangered animals of those places. 2+2
13. “Domestic animals are important for the farmer.” Explain four examples to justify this statement. 2+2
14. Describe how lack of food and lack of habitat cause disappearance of animals. 4
15. How do National Parks help in wild life conservation? 4
Answer any two questions from this sub-group.
16. Classify the wetland areas of Nepal with estimated area coverage percent and an example of each. 4
17. Write about any one man-made wetland area of our country including its importance and need of conservation. 4
18. “Wetland should be properly used.” Give reason. 4
Answer any 2 question from this sub-group.
19. Why is Terai called food basket of Nepal? Give reason. 4
20. Why is Nepal suitable for agriculture and livestock rearing? 4
21. What are the adverse effects of pesticides on agriculture? 4
Health and Sanitation Aspect
Attempt any two questions from this sub-group.
22. How is health related to environment? Give views. 4
23. Write any four effects of radiation. 4
24. Write short notes on: 2+2
- Extreme temperature
Write long answers of any four questions from this group. 4×7=28
25. Write brief note about two control measures of green house gases. Mention four effects of ozone layer depletion and explain three environmental impacts due to lack of energy conservation. 2+2+3
26. Describe four effective ways of hazardous waste management. How do hazardous wastes pollute water? 4+3
27. Do you think the hilly region is also suitable for animals of Himalayan region? Write your opinions. Write short notes on musk dear. 3+4
28. “Wetlands are being destructed.” Explain with four examples. Differentiate between oligotrophic lake and eutrophic lake in three points of each. 4+3
29. Write short notes about four types of irrigation methods. Explain how the organic fertilizers are more advantageous than chemical fertilizers. 4+3
30. Describe four adverse effects on workers working in an unsafe industrial area. How does control in air pollution reduce environmental pollution? 4+3