Full Marks: 50
Pass Marks: 16
Computer Fundamental (22 Marks)
1. Answer the following questions: (5 × 2 = 10)
a) Define computer network.
b) What are internet and e-mail?
c) Write down any four application areas of multimedia.
d) List out any four measures to protect computer software.
e) How can we protect computer from computer virus?
2. a) Convert as instructed: (2 × 1 = 2)
i) (235)8 into decimal ii) (BA5)16 into binary
b) Perform binary calculation: (2 × 1 = 2)
i) 10 × 11 + 101 ii) Divide 1011 by 10
3. Match the following: (4 × 0.5 = 2)
|Group A||Group B|
|Sound Card||Unguided Media|
|TCP/IP||Power Protection Device|
4. Select the correct answer: (4 × 0.5 = 2)
|a) Which is not the network hardware component?|
|i) HUB ii) Repeater iii) Router iv) Windows NT|
|b) In which communication media does data travel in the form of light signal?|
|i) Telephone wire ii) Fiber optic iii) Coaxial cable iv) Twisted pair cable|
|c) Which is not the protocol?|
|i) TCP/IP ii) IPX/SPX iii) NETBIOS/NETBUI iv) Client|
|d) Which is the antivirus program?|
|i) Photoshop ii) NAV iii) Windows XP iv) MS-Excel|
5. Give appropriate technical terms of the following: (4 × 0.5 = 2)
a) Buying and selling products and services online.
b) Cabling structure of LAN.
c) Group of computers that can share resource.
d) A program that destroys other programs.
6. Write full forms of: (4 × 0.5 = 2)
a) UPS b) WWW c) WAN d) DVD
Database (10 Marks)
7. Answer the following questions in short: (3 × 2 = 6)
a) What is DBMS?
b) Make a list of any four types of data used in Microsoft Access.
c) Define query.
8. Select the correct answer: (4 × 0.5 = 2)
|a) The maximum text field size in Access is ……………|
|i) 50 ii) 10 iii) 256 iv) 255|
|b) The extension of a database file in Access is …………….|
|i) .DBF ii) .MDB iii) .DMB iv) .DBM|
|c) ……………. uniquely identifies any field.|
|i) Index ii) Memo Field iii) Primary Key iv) Query|
|d) The object of Access that stores the data is known as …………….|
|i) Query ii) Table iii) Form iv) Report|
9. Match the following: (4 × 0.5 = 2)
|Group A||Group B|
Programming (18 Marks)
10. (a) What is a user-defined function? (1)
(b) List any two types of data used in C language. (1)
(c) Write down the functions of the following statements: (1)
i) KILL ii) MKDIR
11. Write the output of the given program: (2)
DECLARE SUB Result ( )
SUB Result ( )
12. Rewrite the given program after correcting the bugs: (2)
REM To store name and age in a sequential data file STD.DOC
OPEN STD.DOC FOR OUT AS#1
13. Study the following program and answer the given questions: (2 × 1 = 2)
DECLARE FUNCTION A(X)
FOR I= 1 TO X
a) How many parameters are used in the program?
b) How many times does the statement S=S+I execute in the above program?
14. A) Write a program to calculate the volume of a cylinder using FUNCTION…………….END FUNCTION. Hints: Volume = πR2H (3)
b) Write a program to test whether the given number is positive or negative using SUB…………….END SUB. (3)
c) Create a sequential data file “std.dat” to store Name and Mark obtained in English, Maths and Science subjects for a few students. (3)
External Practical Exam
Full Marks: 25
Pass Marks: 10
Ms-Access (10 Marks)
1. (a) Create a table of ‘student’ having following structure: (2)
|Field name||Data Type|
(b) Add five records (2)
(c) Make a query ‘show1’ that displays all the records whose address is ‘Patan’. (2)
(d) Make a query ‘show2’ that displays DoB greater than or equal to 10/08/1990. (2)
(e) Prepare a Form Wizard using above table. (2)
QBasic (15 Marks)
2. (a) Write a program to calculate the perimeter of a rectangle using SUB…………….END SUB. (3)
(b) Write a program to find out the average of given two numbers by using keyboard FUNCTION……………..END FUNCTION. (3)
(c) Write a program to find the sum of natural number from 1 to 100 using SUB…………..END SUB. (3)
(d) Write a program to store students’ name, age, address in a sequential data file “person.dat”. (3)
(e) Display all the records of “person.dat” stored in 2(d). (3)