On July 29th, 2015, the long awaited operating system of Microsoft, Windows 10 was released. However, a lot of people haven’t still got the opportunity of getting the taste of Windows 10 since they haven’t still received the update.
Today, I’ll let you know about a special trick that will help you to get the Windows 10 upgrade on your PC running Windows 7 or above. This trick will force Windows to start the download of Windows 10 update files no matter if you’re still in the pending list for the update.
So, here are the procedures:
- Firstly, go to “C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download“. (Here, ‘C:’ is the system drive where the current version of Windows is installed.) After going to the path given above, delete all the files and folders in that path.
- Then, open ‘Windows Update’ either by going to the ‘Control Panel’ or by hitting the Windows key and typing ‘Windows Update’ and clicking on it.
- After that, we will have to start Command Prompt with administrator rights. To do so in Windows 8 or above, you can press ‘Windows key + X’ and click on ‘Command Prompt (Admin)’. If you are in Windows 7, you can go to Start Menu and open up ‘All Programs’ where you will find ‘Accessories’. There you will see ‘Command Prompt’ which should be right-clicked to get the options. Then, click on ‘Run as administrator’.
- Now, in Command Prompt, type (but don’t press ‘Enter’) ‘wuauclt.exe /updatenow‘ (without the inverted commas). That is the command which will enforce Windows to get the update through Windows Update.
- After hitting that command, you can switch to Windows Update window and click on ‘Check for updates’ on the left hand side of the window. Then you will see ‘Checking for updates….’ in that window.
- Come back to Command Prompt and press ‘Enter’ to execute that command you had typed in step 4.
- You will see Windows Update window displaying that it is downloading Windows 10. Then your PC is on the way to Windows 10 update.
Here’s a post on ‘How to Boot A Computer Using Pen Drive?‘ Why don’t you check it out?