SLC Model Question Set 2 (Social Studies)
Answer all the questions:
A. Very short questions. 8×1=8
1. According to the statistics of the census of the year 2068, the population of Nepal is 2,64,94,504. Find the out the population density of Nepal on the basis of above facts and the area of Nepal.
2. Corruptions are a burning problem specially in developing countries like Nepal. Write its any two effects.
3. The election for the constituent assembly has just completed. How do you justify this assembly will formulate the new constitution? Write in a sentence.
4. Write a feature of desert vegetation.
5. Which symbols are used to denote the following facts in the man?
a) Pass b) Industry
6. Why do most African countries and Nepal share the similar economic condition? Give reason in a sentence.
7. The period between 2007 B.S. to 2017 B.S. was full of confusion, instability and lawlessness. In opinion, how far were political parties and their activities responsible to create this situation? Write your logic in one point.
8. Give the introduction of Black Hand society in a sentence.
B. Short answers questions. 14×4=56
9. Various small and large scale projects are running in Nepal. But most of them either remain incomplete or do not complete on the targeted time. Highlight any four measures to be adopted by the government for the effective implementation of such projects.
10. Central Development Region has the highest population and Far Western Development Region has the least population. Mention any four measures to decrease population pressure on Central Development Region.
11. Involvement of women in development is today’s important need. But most of the women of Nepal are far behind in every sector. Write a paragraph, describing the policy adopted in Nepal for woman involvement.
12. Show the following statistics in a bar graph using appropriate scale and title.
Number of secondary schools in Nepal – 2067/68
13. Suppose you are going to participate in a cultural programme organized by your school and practicing hard. But one of your friends suggested you to learn dance instead of our classical and folk dances. What would be your reply for him/her? Present your views in four points.
14. Our national days are celebrated only for formality because some people think that they have no importance and relevance. Prepare a paragraph on for or against the given statement.
15. Untouchability is a bad social practice but it is still existed in most of the societies. If our societies were without untouchability, what positive effects would be there? Make a list of any four of them.
16. Girl trafficking is an illegal act and social crime. Despite several efforts made from government and non-government sectors to control it, expected success has not been achieved. Mention any four causes behind it.
17. Why are political parties important in democratic country? Justify with any four examples.
18. Why is Tropical Monsoon region more suitable for agriculture? Describe.
19. Show the following historical events in time line.
|a) B.S. 2007||Introduction of democracy|
|b) B.S. 2011||Death of King Tribhuwan|
|c) B.S. 2013||Formation of the government under the chairmanship of Dr. K. Singh|
|d) B.S. 2015||First General Election of Parliament|
20. Tourism is one of the main income sources of Nepal but it has created environmental and cultural pollution too. Write a letter to the director of Nepal Tourism Board about promoting tourism without any harm on our environment and culture.
21. Explain the historical background of the establishment of the UNO.
22. As a member country of the UNO, how has Nepal been contributing to fulfill the objectives of it? Discuss.
C. Long answers questions. 4×9=36
23. How is check and balance maintained among the three organs of government? How is the council of ministers formed according to the present constitution of Nepal? Explain briefly the importance of executive.
24. Insert the following items by drawing an outline map of Nepal. River Mechi, Khaptad lake, Mt. Lhote, Mahendranagar, Siddhartha highway, Major cotton production area.
25. Draft a dialog including four causes and four effects of world war-I.
a) Introduction b) Objectives c) Methodology
d) Findings e) Conclusion & Recommendations
26. Nepal has immense potentiality of tourism development but we have not been able to exploit it for economic development. Justify the statement with reference to the potentiality and problems seen in the tourism sector of Nepal.