SLC Model Question Set 6 (Science)
1. a) State Newton’s law of gravitation. Calculate the force with which the moon pulls every kilogram of water in our rivers given that the moon is 3×105 km away from Nepal and the mass of moon is 7×1022kg. 1.5+2+1=4.5
b) Define energy crisis. Write down any two causes and a solving way of energy crisis. 0.5+2=2.5
2. a) State Archimedes’s principle. Write down any two factors on which the upthrust depend. Prove that liquid pressure (p)=hdg. 1+1+2=4
- On which principle does it work? State the principle too.
- The cross sectional area of piston A and B are 20cm2 and 0.4cm2 respectively. What force on piston B can balance the 240N force on piston A.
3. a) What is specific heat capacity? How much heat should be lost to reduce 10C temperature of unit mass of a substance? 500g sand of specific heat capacity 800J/kg C is heated from 250C to 450C. Find the answer of heat regarded for it. 1+1+2=4
- What type of defect of vision is this?
- Can this defect be corrected? Illustrate with a ray diagram.
4. a) Draw an electrical circuit for connection of three dry-cells each of 1.5 volts in a parallel combination. Calculate the potential difference of the cells that are connected in series combination. Write the main two reasons for use of filament of tungsten wire in an electric bulb. 1.5+0.5+1=3
b) What is motor effect? Write any three methods for increasing the amount of electric current produced by dynamo or generator. The number of turns in primary and secondary coil of a transformer are 1000 and 500 respectively voltage. 1+1.5+2=4.5
5. a) State modern period law. In which group of the modern periodic table are there very active metals and very active non-metals? Clarify the relation between the size of the atoms of these metals and non-metals with their chemical reactivity.
b) Draw the labeled diagram to show the laboratory preparation of ammonia gas. What is dry ice? Write the structural formula of diethyl ether. 2+1+0.5=3.5
6. a) Define acid with an example. Name the two ores of copper. Write the balanced chemical equation for the reaction between iron and dilute sulpheric acid. 1+1+2=4
b) Name the raw materials that are necessary for making soap. What do you mean by insecticides? Why is their use discouraged? Give any three reasons. 1+1+1.5=3.5
7. a) Draw the figure of bacteriophage and label its any two parts. What is chemotropism? Pituitary gland is called the master of glands, why? Write one function of cerebrospinal fluid. 2+1+1+0.5=4.5
b) What is heartbeat? Under what condition heartbeat is increased? Bleeding from artery is dangerous, why? 1+1+1=3
b) How is a zygote formed? Draw a labeled diagram of the fertilization process occurred, when the pollen grain reaches the ovary through pollen tube. 1.5+2=3.5
9. a) What is food chain? Describe the consequence that occurs if all the tigers are killed in the food chain. Classify the deer with a special characteristic of it. 1+1+1.5=3.5
Maize plant –> Deer –> Wolf –> Tiger
b) Why did Mendel choose pea plant for his experiment? Give two reasons. Draw a diagram of pyramid of biomass of both water ecosystem and land ecosystem. 2+2=4
Astronomy and Geology
10. a) What is fossil fuel? Write the name of periods in which man and dinosaur were evolved. Write two effects of depletion of ozone layer. 1+0.5+0.5+2=4
b) Write two difference between meteors and meteorites. How black hole is formed? Explain briefly. 2+1.5=3.5