SLC Model Question Set 7 (Social Studies)
Attempt all the questions.
Write very short answers to the following questions: 8×1=8
1. Write any two problems that can occur in Nepal after adopting federalism.
3. What do you mean by adhoc judges?
4. What is an oasis? Where are such oases mainly found?
5. “The Great Rift Valley is boon to Africa”. Justify the statement with two reasons.
6. Which index (symbols) are used to denote the following facts in the map?
- National Park
- Mountain range
7. What is ‘Satyagraha’?
8. Name two major blocks in the Second World War.
Write short answer of the following questions: 14×4=56
10. If you were a member of the National Planning Commission, which two projects would you launch for the development of the nations? Write with reasons.
11. What is skilled human resources? Write any three difference between the short term and long term human resources.
12. “Peace and development are complementary to each other.” Justify the statement with relevant examples.
13. Draft a dialogue between two friends highlighting the advantages of folk songs over western songs.
14. Are you satisfied with the way the national days are celebrated? Write a letter to the editor of the Republica drawing some suggestions.
15. “Where women are honored, there the gods are pleased”. We ourselves make the women stand in a very praiseworthy status by saying this. But still we are unable to check the women’s trafficking in Nepal. Give any four solutions to this repellent activity.
17. What is multiparty system? Highlights its merits and demerits.
18. South Africa is the richest country in Africa. Give any four reasons.
19. Explain the social and economic achievements between 2007-17 B.S.
20. Write an article for a daily newspaper mentioning advantages and disadvantages of foreign employment.
21. Write down any four programmes that are launched by the United Nations in Nepal and explain any one of them.
22. Make a news story on development of science and technology.
Write long answers to the following questions:
23. What do you mean by constitutional organs? List out all the constitutional organs and explain in detail any four of them.
24. Draw a full page map of Nepal and insert the following facts using appropriate signs and symbols.
Himalchuli, Gosaikunda, the Bhimdatta Panta Highway, the Cotton Production area, the Kamala River, the Lukla Airport.
Insert the following facts in the given map of South America.
Selvas, Andes Mountain Range, Angel Falls, South Pacific Ocean, Cape Horn, Equator, Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires Town, Guiana Highlands
25. What is World War? Write down the four causes of the First and Second World War.
You must have made a visit over nay historical religious or cultural place. Prepare a report on the basis of your visit including the given points.
- Topic of visit
- Conclusion and Recommendation
26. “Nepal is a fertile place for adventure tourists.” Justify the statement giving different examples of adventure tourism in Nepal.