Model Question Set 5 (EPH)
Health, Environment and Population (EPH)
Students are required to give their answers in their own words. Credit will be given to the originality. The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Very short answer questions: 10×1=10
1. What is the dependency ratio of Nepal according to 2068 B.S. census?
2. Write any one major factor responsible for unequal distribution of population in Nepal.
3. Write any one major factor responsible for unequal distribution of population in Nepal.
4. Write the full form of GLOF.
5. In which ecosystem does Olangchung Gola lie?
6. At what altitude of Nepal Golden michelia is found?
7. Write any two needs of conservation of biodiversity.
8. What is the total asset of medium scale industry?
9. What is the causative agent of syphilis?
10. When was leprosy mission in Nepal founded?
Short answer questions:
Attempt any 13 questions from this group.
11. Analyze the past and present population size of Nepal. How is the population growth rate in Nepal? Describe. 5
12. What are the biological factors affecting birth? Describe any three with appropriate examples. 2+3
13. What is mid-year population? The midyear population of Kathmandu valley was 2,500,000 in the year 2011 A.D. In the same year 25,000 live birth and 15,000 deaths were also recorded. Likewise 750,000 people came from elsewhere and 125,000 left the valley. Calculate population growth rate of the valley for the year. 1+4
14. How are quality and low quality of life interrelated? Justify with examples. 5
15. Describe the ecosystem of Terai in brief. 5
16. How do development and modernization activities affect hilly ecosystem? Also write the mitigating measures for the effects. 5
17. Describe the need of conservation of biodiversity in brief. 5
18. Write short notes on: 2.5×2=5
- Bengal tiger
- Himalayan yew
19. Why does urbanization take place? Write the adverse effects of unplanned urbanization along with their mitigating measures. 1+2+2
20. List the principles of sustainable development and describe any four. 1+4
21. What is meant by water borne disease? Write the symptoms and prevention measures of any two water borne diseases. 1 +4
22. What is balanced diet? “Balanced diet can be obtained through local level cheap food.” How? 1+4
23. Many of your friends smoke hiding themselves. In such situation what measures do you take to keep yourself and your friends away from such malpractices? Describe. 5
24. What are the major health problems of Nepal? Describe any three of them. 2+3
25. Briefly introduce Nepal Paropakar Sangh. 5