Environment Science (Optional First)
Answer any 18 questions from this sub-group. 18×4=72
Answer any 7 questions from this sub-group.
1. Explain the statement, “Earth’s surface can be compared with artificial green house.” 4
2. Describe in brief about any two artificial greenhouse gases. 2+2
3. What worldwide efforts have been made for the reduction of carbon dioxide? Write four points. 4
4. What is the role of CFC in ozone layer? List out four effects of ozone layer depletion. 2+2
5. What should be done to control ozone layer depletion? 4
6. Mention any four important points of ozone layer. 4
7. Explain four points of importance of energy. 4
8. Write short notes on: 2+2
- Natural Gas
- Energy consumption
Attempt any 2 questions from this sub-group.
9. What is recycling and reuse? How do they help in hazardous waste management? 2+2
10. Describe how the air is polluted due to hazardous waste. 4
11. Mention four effects of hazardous waste on human health. 4
Attempt any 3 questions from this sub-group.
12. What is meant by endangered animals? Name 2 mammals, 2 birds and 2 reptiles that are declared endangered in our country. 1+3
13. Describe the role of animals in maintaining balance in ecosystem. 4
14. Why are certain species of animals found in a particular geographic region only? Make list of four birds found in mountain region of our country. 2+2
15. Illustrate four various reasons for the disappearance of animals. 4
Answer any two questions from this sub-group.
16. How does wetland contribute in national and local income? 4
17. Differentiate between natural and man-made wetland. 4
18. “Man made wetlands are constructed for various purposes.” Illustrate with examples. 4
Answer any 2 questions from this sub-group.
19. Agriculture provides major source of food and national income. Clarify. 4
20. Explain about two effects of chemical fertilizer on environment. 4
21. Write any two advantages and two disadvantages of pesticides and chemical fertilizers on agriculture. 2+2
Health and Sanitation Aspect
22. “Due to unhealthy environment, various diseases are caused.” Make the statement clear with examples. 4
23. What are the characteristics of a healthy working place? 4
24. “Healthy environment brings healthy life.” Describe. 4
Write long answers of any four questions from this group. 4×7=28
25. “Population control helps in better conservation of energy”. Give explanation. Write three ways for conservation of non-renewable energy resources. 4+3
26. “Research centers and industries are the main sources of hazardous wastes but it can be well managed.” Justify your answer with suitable examples. 7
27. Give reason to clarify these statements.
- Natural disaster causes extinction of wild life. 3
- Wild animals are advantageous. 4
28. Write four reasons for destruction of wetlands. What are water collected areas used for? 4+3
29. “Due to different topography of Nepal, agriculture system is badly affected.” Give your view. How are organic fertilizers more advantageous than chemical fertilizers? 4+3
30. “Long term radiation can cause somatic and genetic effect on human.” Explain with two examples of each. How does cottage industry contribute in environment protection? 2+2+3